Friday 13 January 2012

First Week as an apprentice!

So, my first week in my new job as an apprentice is almost over! Tomorrow is the last day of my week then back in on Tuesday- Saturday and repeat!

I start college in 3 weeks time, I've not been told the date as of yet.

First weeks gone really well, the biggest challenge has been getting up and not falling asleep in the evening so I can get into a routine!

I'll post some pictures of what I've done so far, some pictures are from before Christmas when I was just working a few days on a casual basis!

My Apprenticeship is with The Cakery. Click on the link (click on The Cakery), have a look at the website.. order cakes ;)!
They do celebration cakes (anniversary, birthday etc..) Wedding cakes, Christening cakes, Cup cakes, Giant Cup Cakes, Pretty much any cake for any occasion fitting to whatever you may require!

These are some pictures of what I got up to on my first week!

This first one is some sugar butterflies on wires and 3 different size flowers

These are more butterflies and flowers, all for different cakes.


Glitter on some of the butterflies to add a bit of sparkle to a cake!


I decorated this cake, with some of the above sugar cut outs.
It's not entirely finished here but I don't write on the cakes etc yet as I've not been shown that!
After all, it was my first week!



  
Close up of the top, with a cluster of flowers around the wire butterflies!



These are some cup cakes with sugar decoration and sprinkle of glitter!



The following pictures are from the 3 days I did before Christmas.

All I did with these was the marshmallows and chocolate button but I thought they looked delicious and I was right, cause they ARE delicious! 
£1.50 per cake on a Saturday! Or you can order!


 A disco cake I helped decorate! 


Snow flake sugar cut out!



Flowers!


Snow flake again! Excuse the messy hands!


Tried to create something to on onto Christmas cakes. So we tired Reindeer! They haven't got antlers on there as they were going to be piped onto the cake!




Hope you like it! More next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment