Thursday 26 January 2012

17th - 21st January. WEDDING TIME!

It's getting to that time of year when people start booking their wedding cakes! And I must admit I absolutely love wedding cakes, sleek, stylish and sometimes glamourous!

Bottom tier cup cakes, I decorated them with butterflies and flowers!



I didn't do the top tier but this is what it looks like.

All together and finished!
 On the following wedding cakes I just helped out on some decoration. As I'm still training I'm yet to design my own cake!

This one is my favourite. Absolutely beautiful.







 This is a step by step guide to how I made sugar lace for the following wedding cake.

First off I took a ball of paste and the mould. I then coated the mould in oil.


 I pushed the paste roughly into the mould.


Carefully I used a rolling pin the push the paste into shape


Gently pealing back the paste this is what it looked like, the oil allows 
the shape to come out without getting stuck.


Then this is what I was left with.


Next I cut around the shape with a knife, took about 15 minutes.



I then smoothed the outside with the edge of the knife to get a flawless finish.
This took about 15minutes as well.


I then coated it with oil again.


And covered with pearl lustre.


And this is it complete.


I did all of this and it took a whole afternoon

                                       


I then stuck them onto this wedding cake.



This cake has a diamonte feature


And finished.


Come back next week for more!.....










1 comment: